PEACE SAFETY & SECURITY
- Our objective is to establish mechanisms for violence prevention in our society.Our aim of intervention is to:-
- Creating the basic conditions for a collective action .
- We aim to rebuild community trust
- Focus on building better relationships between state institutions, especially police, and the communities they serve.
- Address trends towards extra-legal, private security solutions
- Address the relationships among different forms of violence
- Improvements in data collection and mechanisms
ACTIVITIES WE HAVE EARMARKED ON
MECHANISMS FOR VIOLENCE PREVENTION
We set up mechanisms for violence prevention in schools:-
- County commissioners and their deputies new role to coordinate national government functions at County level
- The target group are students, Deputy County Commissioner’s, Police, teachers, Parents Teachers Association (PTA), community leaders, and Community Policing Committee (CPC).
- Involves holding student-police forums to promote trust building and relationship between the students and the police, forms of normalized violence as well as challenging culture of violence continually identified.